Flanagan Lawrence's Shepherds Bush Pavilion opens
Flanagan Lawrence has converted the Shepherds Bush Pavilion - a Grade II listed building dating from 1923 and originally constructed as a cinema - into a four-star, 320-room hotel with conference facilities, café, restaurant, bar, retail spaces and a roof-top spa. Heavily damaged during World War II, the building was poorly repaired, subsequently converted to a Bingo Hall in 1983 and closed its doors for good in 2001, remaining disused for much of the next decade. Drawing on the influence of Art Deco cinema design, the foyer and atrium spaces employ simple curved surfaces in alternating bands of black and gold.
For more information about the project click here.